Attorney David L. Owen, Jr.
Denver Federal Criminal Defense Lawyer
I understand that the attorney you hire should be the attorney you speak
and work with, not someone else. When you hire me, you meet with me, speak
with me, and we work together. Backed by 30 years of legal experience,
proven results, and professional accolades, I protect the rights of individuals
who have been criminally accused.
When you choose to work with me and my team, you can rest easier knowing
I guarantee the following:
- I am available for immediate jail visits.
- I provide free, initial 30-minute consultations.
- I am available for same-day appointments.
- I offer evening and weekend appointments.
no-charge consultation concerning felony or misdemeanor criminal charges in federal or Colorado
courts, please call (303) 622-3281.
My Legal Experience and Background
I began my legal career in Kansas City, Missouri, providing legal representation
to individuals charged with violating criminal laws from misdemeanors
to felonies in state and federal courts. From 1989 - 2007, I was an Assistant
Federal Public Defender, rising to the position of First Assistant. During
my 18 years at the Federal Public Defender's office, I defended individuals
charged with all types of crimes, including high-profile cases involving:
- White collar crime
- Drug crimes
- Computer crimes
- Weapons offenses
- Death penalty defense
If you face criminal charges in Colorado, you will find few lawyers with
more criminal defense experience than I have. I am a sole practitioner
who handles only criminal cases.
- Colorado, 2008
- Missouri, 1987
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 2008
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri, 1987
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1987
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar, 2008 - Present
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL)
Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law, Ada, Ohio
Adams State College, Alamosa, Colorado
- Honors: Dean's List
- Student Government President
- Major: Political Science